Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Monday, December 26, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree!


It always takes at least two family pictures to get everyone's face in the picture.  The kids and Karl in front of our tree, while Jason is bent over, sawing it down! 


We really love living in Oregon where Christmas Trees are plentiful and quite cheap.  We love going to the farm, letting the kids and dog run around till we find the perfect tree's.  

 Jason cutting down the tree.
 Manly Men!
 A real woman!  Pregnant, a saw on one arm, a baby on the other.
 It was especially fun to watch Bennett run around and really enjoy this tradition for the first time ever!
 I got very tired running around with Bennett.  Luckily the older kids were happy to take turns with him.
 A boy and his dog, a very special thing.
 I took this for my brother in law Mick, the Aussie.  He is very much interested in these kinds of things.  This is what they do after you cut down your tree.  They put it in a 'shaker' to shake out all the bugs (hopefully) and all the dead and lose needles.


Tying the trees on top.  Another good picture for Mick.  He thought they only did this in the movies.  Well, nope, we do it in real life too.

After we got home and started to decorate, we remembered that most of our lights had been tossed out the year before, after 13 years they start to go a little crazy.  Everyone wanted to go to pick out the new lights.  So we loaded up and went to Freddie's.  We get crazy looks when we all go places like that together. Even when all kids are on their best behavior.  You can't see, but Jason is pushing the 2 youngest boys in the car shopping cart.

It is crazy and chaotic, but I love decorating our tree with everyone's help.  Each kid gets a new ornament every year, and so they all have their own box to hang on the tree.  Then, they help with the other stuff as well.  
 Something is wrong with my camera these days, sorry for the blurry images here and there.

On tree decorating night, the kids always like to watch Polar Express.  The older kids went down to start that, when I caught Jason and Harrison admiring the tree together.



Harrison's not upset in this picture.  He's just making one of his 'pose' faces to be funny. (Notice his Tom and Jerry Christmas shirt - he would wear it every day if he could.  Thank you Old Navy for selling it to us for $5, we love you.)

And now with our tree's up, we are ready for Christmas!

 

4 comments:

Bailey said...

I told linder that you got him a Tom and Jerry christmas shirt, and she was sooo happy for him. love the post.

Julia said...

I love that you can go chop down your own tree. I wish we had that option relatively close by. I have to say---you are a brave mama for having your tree up where any small child can yank things off of it, or just topple the tree itself. What's your secret?! We have our baracaded off, for the most part.

Your tree is lovely. Love all the pictures. You are a lovely preggers, and your wellies are stylin'! The girls have some---I think Mama needs some :)

Alyssa Phair said...

That picture of you with the saw is awesome because 1. You're holding a saw and 2. you look great! Good pic Momma! Fun family traditions!!

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

That is an incredible tree! I love that all the kids have their own box of ornaments. What a cool tradition. I loved seeing a picture of you! You look fantastic! I can't wait to see you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...