Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Time was Here!

December was filled to the brim with love, fun and activities in our home.  That is why I got so behind on this blog.  This post is dedicated to all the miscellaneous adventures that took place over the last month.

One morning, while I was cleaning the kitchen, Harrison and Bennett made a bed in the entryway.  They were camping.  The middle picture is Bennett laughing, not crying.  They played this most of the morning.  They even got dressed here, at their 'campsite.' 


As I mentioned in the previous post, my sister Brooke and her husband came from Australia.  My kids love my sister, but I think they love Mick even more.  He's a really fun guy!  Bennett warmed right up to him.
 
 Bennett has suddenly become really into loving Karl.  Karl doesn't always love Bennett's attention.













In the middle of decking the halls, which took a few days, Harrison showed up as Snow White.  Lily gladly helped him.
 Bennett was kinda jealous and stole the tiara.  He preferred to wear it upside down.

Some funny things Harrison has said recently -
He was helping me clear the table and I said, "Thank you Son."  He answered back with, "Don't call me that or I will banish you!"
Harrison told me, "When I was a baby I was stupid.  And when I was a little kid I was stupid too."  He's not allowed to say the "stupid" word, and I have NO idea why he told me that one night, but it was really funny!

A few days before Christmas Bennett got really sick and was croupy.  We were up with him one night late because he couldn't breathe.  Luckily we have a Nebulizer, but we only had 2 Albuterol treatments left.  So I took him the doc the next morning (December 23) to get a prescription for more.  We then spent the next 5 days giving him several treatments a day.  I am incredibly grateful for this medicine and how much it has helped!

Lily played Potato Heads with Harrison one evening and made a super cute, goofy baby.

Lily helping me make some yummy soup.


 Bennett took full advantage of the carmels being set down at his level.  He poked little holes all over, and licked his little fingers.  I should have made a video because he was saying, "MMmmmmm..." the whole time.

 Two of my girlfriends held a "Christmas Girlfriend's Party."  One of the activities was a White Elephant with fancy desserts on nice dishes/platters.  It was really fun to play!  I brought Raspberry Creme Tarts.  I won a yummy Chocolate and Cream Toffee Dessert in a super awesome bowl! 








Here are some pictures of the other desserts, and some of the 'girlfriends' while we crafted awesome fabric rosette bracelet's.  It was a super fun night!

My little brother Jackson flew in the night of the girlfriend's party.  He decided that Christmas would be more fun with kids, so he came for 10 days and partied with us.  But mostly he was a huge help with sick kids, and especially when I myself became sick.  He was really good doing dishes, taking the dog out for a run, and even making bread to go with dinner!  I feel pretty lucky to have such an awesome brother!

Bennett interested in Jackson's book.  I overheard Jackson telling my mom on the phone that he has a new best friend, and his name is Bennett.


One Sunday evening we went for a short drive to look at Christmas lights.  The kids had a blast (so did the parents).  This is the best house we found.


Harrison playing Mario Kart in a Cowboy Hat.


One evening I found Bennett looking at Christmas books, in a Santa Hat next to the tree.  He did this all on his own.  It was completely adorable.  I am grateful for these little moments that helped Christmas to be more real and peaceful in my life this season.

Bennett was so fussy one afternoon.  Turns out all he wanted was a warm cup of milk, a cookie, a blanket and a pretty Christmas Tree to look at.


We were brave and took the whole family to Glenn's Middle School Band Christmas Concert.  This is his first year playing the trumpet.  He really enjoys it!
Harrison's favorite part was dancing to the Jazz Band.  After their first song he looked at me and said, "Wow!  They're good!"

And now for something crazy, that was not in keeping with simple and peaceful.  We went to the Mall just a few days before Christmas because Harrison really wanted to see Santa.  We've done that before in years past, and it has always been fine.  For some reason the line was way long when we went in the evening.  We came back the next morning and the line was just as long.  Jason and the older kids wanted to just leave.  I did as well, but Harrison was heart broken.  So I stood in line with him while Jason and the older kids wandered around the mall.  After 3 hours of waiting, the 3 younger kids visited with Santa for about 5 minutes, then we came home.  Yeah, I know, really really dumb!  But I am leaving it in the past.
Harrison anxiously waiting for his turn.

While waiting we took the kids into the Disney Store.  My kids love that place, but I don't think we've ever bought anything from there!

 Towards the end of the maze that was the Santa line, there was a fun, crazy mirror that the kids had a lot of fun with.

 Finally, it's OUR turn!!!!

 One night at Family Home Evening, after singing Christmas songs together, Bennett demanded the floor.  He did this a few times before we could get on with the lesson.  It was so cute!
 

 Early in the month Jason and I had to sing at the Festival of Nativities at the Vancouver Stake Center with our Choir.  If you are in the Portland Area, check us out.  Portland Ensign Choir and Orchestra
Lily and Harrison came along with us.  Lily also brought her friend Estella.  Their job was to keep him under control while we were singing for an hour in the chapel.  They did a good job.  The kids had a fun time before the singing to look at the nativities and play in the children's hands on area.

And that, in a very large nutshell, was December!

2 comments:

Kylie said...

Oh my gosh!!! Those 2 videos were SO cute! Harrison is NUTS! Those faces he makes are insane and hilarious! Hahaha, also Bennett is so cute. I am so sad that he is growing up without me. :(

Sherrie said...

What a wonderful Christmas Season, full of fun and festive activities. Your kids are adorable! I miss having little kids around especially at Christmas. Have a wonderful and Happy New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...