Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas 2011

Christmas was different this year because my whole extended family all moved away a few months ago.  It's been a hard adjustment.  I knew that I could still 'create' a magical Christmas for the kids without the extended family around, but for me and Jason things might feel a bit lonely. I am super happy to say, now that all is said and done, that Jason and I had a wonderful Christmas, as did the kids.

First of all, Jackson came for 10 days!  He is my little little brother. We all LOVE him, and haven't seen him in awhile.
Jackson holding a plate of his favorite -Raspberry Jam Filled Cookies.

 I feel pretty safe in saying that my kids adore him too.  In this picture Jackson is doing work on his computer, but has a separate window open for Bennett to watch "Wallace and Grommit."  After a few days here I overheard Jackson tell my mom on the phone, "I have a new best friend, and his name is Bennett."

I was most worried about Christmas Eve.  Jason was going to be working till late, and that was normally the part that we went to "Grandma and Grandpa's" house for.  Jason was able to leave work at 10 am and surprise us all!  We had a wonderful, spirit filled Christmas Eve.

One thing that really put me in a good mood was waking up to the excitement of the kids - especially Harrison.

We ate yummy food.



We drank yummy, homemade custard Egg Nog - Grandma Ritz's recipe.

We made Egg Nog Mustaches and Beards. Jason is good at leading the way.

The kids opened new Jammies.




The kids changed into their new jammies, and we took a family picture.
(Thank you Jackson:)

 This wasn't the best shot of most of us, but I LOVE Maxwell and Harrison hugging in the front!

Then, Jason read us Luke 2 from the King James version of the Bible, and we had a wonderful discussion with the kids about the birth of Christ.  We then sang Christmas songs.  Harrison and Bennett led the music.

 During Silent Night, Lily and Maxwell stood and did the sign language for it that they learned in school last year.  Jackson said, "Well, I'm glad they've taught you something useful in that place."  He was being totally serious, not sarcastic at all.


After that the kids went to bed, and Santa Claus came.  It was the longest night ever.  I thought all the kids knew the rules, but apparently they should be reminded every year.
Rules -
1. You may not come out of your room till after midnight, and you may look at the tree, and in your stocking, but then you must go back to bed.
2. You may NOT wake any other person; parent or sibling up from peaceful slumber.
3. You may not touch, rearrange, or open any presents until parents are up and it is at least 6 am!

They were up and at it by 12:30!  After Jason went and told them to get back in bed, they did, but were back up by 2 am and after that never went back to bed!  They just hung out in the living room, anxiously awaiting.  They came in every hour to ask if we could get up now.  It was an exhausting night.  At 4:30 they broke a major rule and woke up Bennett! At 5:45 Jason gave in and got up.  That means Bennett and I got up too.  I put our breakfast casserole in the oven, which takes an hour to bake and our orange rolls ready to warm.

We then opened presents.

Bennett was really excited to open his Furr Real Pet, a soft, white Kitty Cat that meows, purrs, and walks.  He carries it all around with him.
 He really wanted it out of the package right away!
Harrison was thrilled to get his police man Lego's set.
 Jason captured the best moments of the morning.  Max is a really fun to watch present opener.  Notice how the paper is flying over his head?
And his big "YAHOO!!!"  He got an attack clone wars shuttle.  I really have no idea what it is.  Good thing Santa does.

















We always get Oranges and Candy Canes in our stockings.

After we opened presents, and ate breakfast, we went to church.  It was just Sacrament meeting, no Sunday School or Primary etc.  The meeting was wonderful and peaceful with lots of Christmas music.  Max fell asleep in the pew, and Bennett was so cranky I had to stay out with him through most of it.  I have NO idea why they were so tired!

After we got home, everyone put their jammies back on, and proceeded to take presents out of packages etc. I love this video of Bennett opening his kitty cat.  He's kinda nervous about it, but ends up kissing it in the end.

  
 Bennett playing with his new airplane.
 Jason setting up Glenn's new Darth Vader alarm clock.
 Lily sketching Harry Potter in her new sketch book.
 Lily and Jackson already to watch a new Harry Potter movie.















Jason helping Harrison with his Police Man Legos.

Uncle Jackson got the kids a new Wii game called Dangerous Hunts.  The boys had SO much fun playing with it over the rest of Christmas break.  But now Max has decided he can't play it anymore, because it scares him too much.  It is a hunting game for big, scary animals like bears and wolves.  It is very intense.  If you don't get them, they will get you!
And that was our Christmas.  Thanks for checking in!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

HAHAHAHHA!!! That was just WONDERFUL! I am sitting here in the heat with my air conditioner on, the girls opened up their presents this morning and I just loved getting on here now, to finally catch my breath and see all of these wonderful pictures and read all of the funny stories. Mick and I had soooo much fun with you guys and it looks like you had the most wonderful Christmas! That is hillarious about Max and the game being too scary! Hahah! I love you! (...there, see, not one thing about me, and I commented! :)

Corinne Ritz said...

LOL! Thanks Brookie:) I love you the most. I cannot wait to see all the pictures on your blog post about Christmas and reunion with all the girls! I am dying to hear more about it!

AJ said...

What an insane night! Why doesn't Santa wait til say 4am to deliver?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...