Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Monarch of the Glen

"I'm more of a highlander than you'll ever be."

Are you ready for another GOOD TV show to watch?  Well, it only airs in the UK, so you will have to watch it on Netflix (instant stream), or buy the DVDs.  (My husband knows that it would be a dream gift for him to get the whole series for me on DVD because I LOVE it.)  I was introduced to this show by my sister Brooke a few years ago.  It has now become a show our whole extended family loves!

The show is "Monarch of the Glen"  It is filmed and takes place in Scotland.  It is a great and very clean show (my 11 year old daughter loves watching it with me) with great characters, and beautiful scenery.  

Hector, Molly, Duncan, Archie, Lexie, Golly

The basic story is about the MacDonald Family, who live in Glenbogle Castle.  The father and Patriarch Hector is the Laird over all of Glenbogle, but really wants his son, Archie to move back from London to take over the Laird's responsibilities.  There is a small staff on the estate, and great characters in the village. 

Lexie - (takes away Hector's plate) "Enjoy that did you Hector?"
Hector - "It smells of wet dog."
Lexie - "And I love you too."

One of my favorite characters is Hector's best friend, and the wealthy neighbor, Kilwillie. I have loved this character for years without knowing who played him.  Last year when "Downton Abbey" won the Emmy for Best Mini Series or TV movie I was REALLY excited and surprised to see 'Kilwillie' accept the award!  He wrote Downton Abbey!  So I had to IMDB him and found that he also has won an Oscar for the Best Original Screenplay of "Gosford Park." (Definately worth seeing as well!)  He has done many things that I love, and I never knew it!  He also wrote "The Young Victoria."  Are you kidding me?  This guy is so talented!  Recently he won the Golden Globe for Best Mini Series or TV movie - Downton Abbey.  Now whenever we see him accept an award, our family exclaims, "It's Kilwillie!"

 

 So Check it out!  I can't wait to hear what all my friends and readers think of this great show!


Duncan - "And he agrees I don't belong here.  Reckons I should move to Glasgow, find myself."
Lexie - "What if you're not there when you get there?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still trying to get caught up on Downton Abbey. leia

Anonymous said...

Shout Out to Brookie for bringing this to us!!!

Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...