Harrison is in his second year of preschool. He LOVES learning. He cares, tries and knows more than ANY of my other kids did before Kindergarten. I am really proud of Harrison and really admire his thirst for knowledge.
Lately he has been OBSESSED with one thing. It is coloring. Over the last month he has dug out and found all the old coloring books, and has been using old packs of broken up crayons that he has found in the back of our arts and crafts closet. For Valentines Day I gave each child a little gift. He received a new Eric Carle coloring book and a small pack of glittery crayons. He really loves it. He has colored several pages in it a day.
A couple of nights ago I needed a good bribe for him to stay in bed for me. I told him he could have a new coloring book in the morning. I didn't see him or hear him again till morning. Bliss! Luckily I found this huge coloring book in the arts and crafts closet, that I had bought ages ago for some other child on clearance. I wish so bad I had been recording him when I gave it to him. It was like Christmas! He was beyond ecstatic!
Last night he would not stop coloring to go to bed. He kept saying, "Just let me finish coloring this fishes eyes." ...."Just let me finish this blue part now." Etc Etc Etc....
It could've gone on forever. As a last ditch effort to stay up even later, he decided he needed to hurry and write his name on his book, so Max would know that it is NOT his. (DUH!)
I then made this really fun video of him writing his name.
Enjoy!!!
3 comments:
Such an adorable little goober. Garrett and i were just talking about how cute he is. I feel like even though he's kinda evil sometimes, but he's got a good heart. I miss his little voice. it's so cute in that video.
Don't you love finding things you bought a long time ago and then be able to use it for something else..it just makes life sweeter! hahaha. Way to go Harrison. He sure is a cutie!
So cute! Henry's been in a huge coloring stage lately, too - the "just let me finish coloring the _____" is being said all too frequently around here. I want to find an Eric Carle coloring book - I love him.
Post a Comment