Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Friday, February 3, 2012

Lazy Hazy Days of Pregnancy

In case you didn't know, being pregnant gets harder in succession and as you get older.  I am happy to say that for the first time ever, I really am so happy that I never have to do this again.  That's a good thing since we've decided that this is our last baby. :)

At my doctor's appointment today, he mentioned how close we are to the end now.  I gotta say, it kind of annoyed me.  Yeah, close for HIM!  Not for me!  The end of April seems forever away.  We talked about scheduling my C-Section.  Because of new dumb Oregon Law, the earliest day that we can schedule it is the Monday before my due date.  But his day that he schedules these things is on Wednesday.  I said that it was OK, but I've been bothered ever since.  I know that Monday is going to come, knowing that he offered to let me have my baby that day, but I was obliging and said I would wait 2 extra days.  What was I thinking?!?!  Don't worry, I will get this fixed. 

I have not been sleeping well.  Last night was the first night I have slept through in over a week.  I told Jason that I finally figured it out.  The way to get my aching body to sleep through the night is to get myself so tired that my body has no choice, but to sleep.  The two main things that have kept peaceful sleep away from me are my sore, aching hips and my crazy, psychotic dreams.

 I have to take rest breaks and sit a certain way throughout the day.  Because of this I feel very guilty and lazy.  I didn't realize how much I was feeling this way until I had crazy dreams 2 nights in a row concerning Jason leaving me because I am lazy.  I am so happy to say that in the waking hours I am still sane, and see how obvious it is that he adores me.  

I have to brag about my cousin because she is amazing and inspiring.  She is 22 weeks pregnant with baby #3 and she posted this on her blog today.  When she was 8 months pregnant with her first baby I watched her play Twister at a family reunion.  I was entertained, and at the same time disappointed that even when in the best shape, I cannot play Twister that well. :)

We have names picked out and I have at least started to think about getting clothes and such ready for the baby.  I have even bought the first pack of newborn diapers.  

I was driving in the car with Harrison last week, and asking him what baby names he likes.  He said Olivia for a girl.  I was impressed.  I really like that name too, but it is not our #1.  He also still really LOVES the name Greta, the name of our friends daughter.  Harrison Loves Greta, and talks about her all the time.  I told Harrison that our chosen boy name is Theodore, and he REALLY did NOT like it at all.  He smacked his head, rolled his eyes, and exclaimed, "MOM!  That is a chipmunk's name!!!"  He then suggested Greta instead because, apparently having a girls name would be better than having a chipmunk's name.  



5 comments:

Audra said...

Oh Corrine, I love you! I'm sorry for you hip pain and lack of sleep. It's all worth it right:) Sometimes (in fact usually these days) I stay in pj's almost right until Tyson's get home from work. And I have actual feelings about Tyson, not dreams, and then I realize he has not once said anything about finding me in pj's at 5PM. Maybe I would change my ways if I thought he cared...bad influence he is one me.
And as for yoga, usually it is the last thing I want to do pregnant. But I know it will make me feel better...and it always does.

Anonymous said...

Your blog post made me feel like laughing and crying all at once....my oh my! I was thinking myself how far away April seems! Is that bad for me to say? sorry. I'm sure it will come soon enough.
I didn't know audra was pregnant! How wonderful!

love from mommy

Corinne Ritz said...

Audra, you are so good and sweet! I can't imagine Tyson thinking you are not worth it:) Your video's are so inspirational!! I think I wanna try yoga after this baby to work through a lot of the joint problems I'm having etc.

Julia said...

Love the name Theodore for a boy! Love, love, love! Will he be Theo for short?

Greta was on my list too, but Brad vetoed it. He joked that her twin's name would need to be Brunhilda. Ha!

That Harrison is a real character! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly. I remember those last weeks/months were really uncomfortable. I can't imagine doing it while running after a bunch of other kids. You're a rock star! :)

Lisa Fox said...

I am so there with you on the hip pain. It gets worse for me with each baby and heart burn too. I am a wreck but at the same time so blessed with healthy pregnancies..weird huh? I have to say I really like the name Greta too..hahaha. Also our little boys middle name is Theodore..it's Brett's dad's middle name..so we like it. It's a solid name even if it is a chipmunk name too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...