The purpose of this post is to sneak in all the miscellaneous stuff (and pictures) that happened over the past few months.
Time Flies. Trying to keep up here.
Bennett LOVES getting into Harrison's bed at bedtime. We do stories, songs and prayer together. They are too cute, don't ya think?
Often on nights when Glenn and Lily babysit, they end up putting Harrison in our bed because it's easier to get the little boys to sleep in separate rooms. On this night I walked into our room and it looked like a tiger was sleeping in my bed. On closer investigation I found Harrison's ear. He brought several of his animals and pillows to our bed. Hey, whatever works. He was asleep!
For Valentine's Day I packed Pink Lunches for the older kids going to school. I posted about it on facebook. My friend, who is Maxwell's Cub Scout Den Leader had read about it. At their Wolf Den meeting the next day she asked him about it, in front of all the boys. He was so mad at me! Later on, when he and I were alone in the car, he asked me, "Mom? Why did you tell her about my pink lunch?" I looked in the rear view mirror and he was glaring at me. I was trying not to laugh out loud. I said, "I didn't tell her. I put it on facebook so that EVERYONE would know. She must have read about it there." He was so humiliated! I asked his Den Leader about it the next time I saw her. We were both laughing as she told me that he turned RED! He was so embarrassed about it when she asked. She said that none of the other boys were even paying attention. She said, "So Max, I hear you had a pink lunch on Valentine's Day." He looked down, and muttered, "NO I didn't." She left it alone when she saw how embarrassed he was:)
Saturday Morning Movie
Jason watching a training video at work. Any movie is better with popcorn, right?
My sister in law introduced me to this cool website that has special one day deals from etsy kind of artists. We both bought one of these necklaces. My birds nest has 6 eggs. The website is veryjane.com/
I spent a lot of Sunday's home the first part of this year with sick kids. On this day I was home with Bennett and Harrison. Harrison created a huge elaborate battle scene on the dining room table.
I was in the van with Harrison and Bennett. Harrison asked me if Grandma Ritz was old. I said, "Do you think she's old?" (She is 75) He said, "OH, yeah, she's old!" Then he asked me if Grandma and Grandpa Alldredge were old. I said, "I don't think they are old." Then, Harrison said, "Well, I think Jody is old." (That is my dad's name.) I laughed and said, "Is Jody Grandpa's name?" And he said, "Uh, yeah." I asked him how he knew that. He told me, "Well, he told me that." I then told Harrison, "I'm going to tell Jody that you think he's old." I heard a really evil, hushed laugh from the back seat. I told him, "You sound evil." I wish so bad I hadn't been driving. I wish so bad I could've taken a picture of his face! He looked so surprised and shocked that I would say he sounds evil.
This is one of Lily's favorite things to do with Harrison. He gets lots of attention for it, so he always obliges.
Shopping at Cash and Carry, a restaurant supply store. The only kinds of carts they have are these flat bed ones. Harrison always does a great job keeping a good hold on Bennett for me. They love riding around on these flat beds.
They can get kind of silly. More and more lately Bennett has started to think that his older brothers are so funny. It is lots of fun to hear them all laugh, and run around together.
Lots of rain = Lots of indoor activities example - coloring
He wants to be more independent these days. There is often a fight over getting into the high chair.
35 weeks pregnant
My oldest Lucky Charm!
One morning before school Harrison found his old sunglasses.
Maxwell had a big group project on Native American's. His group did the Plane Indians. He was in charge of researching tools and weapons they used and doing a speech and report etc. It was a ton of work. He was excited to bring in the "Chief's Stick" that my grandpa made when he was a Bishop at Scout Camp.
Lately the Dominoes have been out a lot lately. Us parents and older kids like to play "Mexican Train." The little kids like to match colors, numbers, build cool things and make 'knock down paths.' They are a fun and even educational toy.
One of Maxwell's creations.
I had a ton of errands to run one day. I drove through Burger King (Harrison's Choice) to get some lunch. On the way to Costco Bennett fell asleep. He has left over burger in his hand, and his mouth. Can you tell why Harrison chose Burger King? He was hoping to get a crown, and was thrilled to get one! I think it's the first one he's ever received.
I was so afraid to wake Bennett up after such a short nap. I thought he would be a total crank all through Costco. I considered driving all the way home. Harrison stepped into action, and was SO helpful with Bennett. Bennett was really happy to see that they had matching crowns to wear all through Costco.
On another day at Costco with Bennett, we had lunch in the food court after shopping. It was just Bennett and I. An older woman came and sat across from us. She was in her mid to late 60's, with ragged white hair sticking out under a skull cap. She had on a black leather jacket and a Harley Davidson T-Shirt, with bright orange painted on eyebrows. Bennett just stared at her. I took my hand off his leg so I could eat. He made a little yelp sound then grabbed my hand and put it back on his leg. I had to eat with my left hand only because he needed my constant touch. He hardly ate anything. I brought his food to the van, and he gobbled it up. It was really funny. The lady could tell he was nervous of her. I was just trying to laugh it off, and not embarrass her. I also want Bennett to learn that we are all different and that is OK!
One morning after all 4 older kids were gone at school Bennett was carrying Lily's doll all around. I took her at one point and he screamed at me, "MY BABY!!!" He put her in his chair and said, "Eat, EAT!" So I put a couple Nilla Wafers on the tray. He was very satisfied, and helped her eat her snack. He then took her out, and brought her upstairs then threw her in his bed.
Harrison being a Spy. All I could think of was Inspector Gadget. Go Gadget GO!!!
Bennett and Karl having a moment. Bennett wanted to let Karl in, but Karl did NOT want to come in.
It appears they are at an Impasse.
Time Flies. Trying to keep up here.
Bennett LOVES getting into Harrison's bed at bedtime. We do stories, songs and prayer together. They are too cute, don't ya think?
Often on nights when Glenn and Lily babysit, they end up putting Harrison in our bed because it's easier to get the little boys to sleep in separate rooms. On this night I walked into our room and it looked like a tiger was sleeping in my bed. On closer investigation I found Harrison's ear. He brought several of his animals and pillows to our bed. Hey, whatever works. He was asleep!
For Valentine's Day I packed Pink Lunches for the older kids going to school. I posted about it on facebook. My friend, who is Maxwell's Cub Scout Den Leader had read about it. At their Wolf Den meeting the next day she asked him about it, in front of all the boys. He was so mad at me! Later on, when he and I were alone in the car, he asked me, "Mom? Why did you tell her about my pink lunch?" I looked in the rear view mirror and he was glaring at me. I was trying not to laugh out loud. I said, "I didn't tell her. I put it on facebook so that EVERYONE would know. She must have read about it there." He was so humiliated! I asked his Den Leader about it the next time I saw her. We were both laughing as she told me that he turned RED! He was so embarrassed about it when she asked. She said that none of the other boys were even paying attention. She said, "So Max, I hear you had a pink lunch on Valentine's Day." He looked down, and muttered, "NO I didn't." She left it alone when she saw how embarrassed he was:)
Saturday Morning Movie
Jason watching a training video at work. Any movie is better with popcorn, right?
My sister in law introduced me to this cool website that has special one day deals from etsy kind of artists. We both bought one of these necklaces. My birds nest has 6 eggs. The website is veryjane.com/
I spent a lot of Sunday's home the first part of this year with sick kids. On this day I was home with Bennett and Harrison. Harrison created a huge elaborate battle scene on the dining room table.
I was in the van with Harrison and Bennett. Harrison asked me if Grandma Ritz was old. I said, "Do you think she's old?" (She is 75) He said, "OH, yeah, she's old!" Then he asked me if Grandma and Grandpa Alldredge were old. I said, "I don't think they are old." Then, Harrison said, "Well, I think Jody is old." (That is my dad's name.) I laughed and said, "Is Jody Grandpa's name?" And he said, "Uh, yeah." I asked him how he knew that. He told me, "Well, he told me that." I then told Harrison, "I'm going to tell Jody that you think he's old." I heard a really evil, hushed laugh from the back seat. I told him, "You sound evil." I wish so bad I hadn't been driving. I wish so bad I could've taken a picture of his face! He looked so surprised and shocked that I would say he sounds evil.
This is one of Lily's favorite things to do with Harrison. He gets lots of attention for it, so he always obliges.
Shopping at Cash and Carry, a restaurant supply store. The only kinds of carts they have are these flat bed ones. Harrison always does a great job keeping a good hold on Bennett for me. They love riding around on these flat beds.
They can get kind of silly. More and more lately Bennett has started to think that his older brothers are so funny. It is lots of fun to hear them all laugh, and run around together.
Lots of rain = Lots of indoor activities example - coloring
He wants to be more independent these days. There is often a fight over getting into the high chair.
35 weeks pregnant
My oldest Lucky Charm!
One morning before school Harrison found his old sunglasses.
Maxwell had a big group project on Native American's. His group did the Plane Indians. He was in charge of researching tools and weapons they used and doing a speech and report etc. It was a ton of work. He was excited to bring in the "Chief's Stick" that my grandpa made when he was a Bishop at Scout Camp.
Lately the Dominoes have been out a lot lately. Us parents and older kids like to play "Mexican Train." The little kids like to match colors, numbers, build cool things and make 'knock down paths.' They are a fun and even educational toy.
One of Maxwell's creations.
I had a ton of errands to run one day. I drove through Burger King (Harrison's Choice) to get some lunch. On the way to Costco Bennett fell asleep. He has left over burger in his hand, and his mouth. Can you tell why Harrison chose Burger King? He was hoping to get a crown, and was thrilled to get one! I think it's the first one he's ever received.
I was so afraid to wake Bennett up after such a short nap. I thought he would be a total crank all through Costco. I considered driving all the way home. Harrison stepped into action, and was SO helpful with Bennett. Bennett was really happy to see that they had matching crowns to wear all through Costco.
On another day at Costco with Bennett, we had lunch in the food court after shopping. It was just Bennett and I. An older woman came and sat across from us. She was in her mid to late 60's, with ragged white hair sticking out under a skull cap. She had on a black leather jacket and a Harley Davidson T-Shirt, with bright orange painted on eyebrows. Bennett just stared at her. I took my hand off his leg so I could eat. He made a little yelp sound then grabbed my hand and put it back on his leg. I had to eat with my left hand only because he needed my constant touch. He hardly ate anything. I brought his food to the van, and he gobbled it up. It was really funny. The lady could tell he was nervous of her. I was just trying to laugh it off, and not embarrass her. I also want Bennett to learn that we are all different and that is OK!
One morning after all 4 older kids were gone at school Bennett was carrying Lily's doll all around. I took her at one point and he screamed at me, "MY BABY!!!" He put her in his chair and said, "Eat, EAT!" So I put a couple Nilla Wafers on the tray. He was very satisfied, and helped her eat her snack. He then took her out, and brought her upstairs then threw her in his bed.
Harrison being a Spy. All I could think of was Inspector Gadget. Go Gadget GO!!!
Bennett and Karl having a moment. Bennett wanted to let Karl in, but Karl did NOT want to come in.
It appears they are at an Impasse.

5 comments:
This is all such GOOD stuff!!! I loved every bit of it.....scrolled through 3x. Can't wait to be there!!!
i cant believe how similar harrison and bennett look. also, that picture of benny and karl made me laugh out loud.
oh, and also- the story about the pink lunch and maxwell. HI LARIOUS.
Your kids making the silliest of faces, I love it!
Oh and this is Meredith.....hahahaha! Didn't realized I was sign in as my husband.
Post a Comment