Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Male Bonding Time

My husband has the wonderful opportunity to serve with the Young Men in our church congregation.  He is over the teenage boys that are 14 and 15.  On Easter weekend (Friday night to Saturday afternoon) he went with the YM in his group and their two Varsity Scout Leaders up Mt. Hood to stay in a lodge, and play in the snow.

I was SO nervous about him leaving me with the five kids at 37 weeks pregnant.  I was sure my water was going to break or something crazy!  I am super happy to say I survived it!  And Jason had a really fun time with guys.  Now that all is said and done, I am really glad that he got a chance to go away for a night, have a break and enjoy some male bonding before the baby comes.

They had to park quite far from the lodge, and then hike in with snow shoes.

Our friend, and one of the leaders.

The whole group in the parking lot before hiking in.

The lodge - covered in snow.

Jason took tons of really great pictures.  It was beautiful and sunny their whole time up there, but still freezing.  I'm happy to be able to enjoy the pictures he took.

One of the YM on snow shoes.
 Jason in the sunshine.  We're not so used to the sun shining around these parts.


Icicles hanging down from the net under the ski lift. 

The boys doing some illegal sledding.  Oops...

On the way home they stopped at Calamity Jane's in Sandy, OR for lunch.  This is kind of a tradition with this group.  If you don't know, or haven't heard, Calamity Jane's is "Old Western" kind of Burger place with crazy, plate sized burgers and yummy milkshakes.  
Jason was really impressed with some of the boys and their ability to eat so much and so quickly.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...