Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Service Project

Last week I got a call from Lily's Activity Days leader (her youth group at church for 8-11 year old girls).  She told me not to make dinner the next night because the girls were making our family dinner and bringing it over for a service project activity.  I was THRILLED!  

Lily came upstairs soon after that to eat dinner.  I asked her, "So, what are you doing for Activity Day tomorrow?"  I had no idea if she knew or not.  She got a sly look on her face, and tried to stifle a giggle, and then said, "I don't know."  I said, "Oh, well, you need to bring a pound of shredded mozzarella to add to a dinner that you are making and taking to a couple of families."  Then, she really started to giggle.  I said, "So, you know that you are bringing dinner to us?"  By this point she was all out laughing!  I was laughing too, because that sort of thing is contagious.

She then told me a hilarious story.  She said that at the last activity they had a discussion about this service project.  The leaders asked the girls who they thought would appreciate or could use a meal prepared for them.  Lily said, "I was TOTALLY joking, but I said, 'What about MY mom.'  And my leaders were like, 'Hey, yeah, she's having a baby this month.'  Then, all the girls voted and they voted for YOU!"  She was laughing SO hard.  The funny thing was that she was seriously joking and being silly by suggesting our family, and when her leaders took it seriously and said it would be good because we're having a baby, Lily thought, 'Oh, yeah, that is a good idea.'  

This is why we often call her "Silly Lily."  She is a very silly girl, and we LOVE her!

There are way more girls than this in her group.  This is mostly the older girls who are all 11 with Lily.  One of the eight year old girls did help, but had to leave to piano lessons, and wasn't able to deliver the goods.

Dinner consisted of a yummy casserole that was spaghetti on bottom, with sauce and meat etc, and pizza on top.  Of course, we all loved it!  It is pizza and spaghetti, two of our favorite dinners put together in one!  They also brought a delicious salad and garlic bread.
 

 Bennett chowing down.  He really loved it!

Lily, Max and Harry.  Lily had tons of fun telling us what each girl did for their part in making us dinner.  We were seriously grateful!

Thank You Activity Day Girls!!!!!

5 comments:

Kylie said...

I want some! Please!!! I'm serious, that looks good. Yummm. Tell Lily I love her!

Bailey said...

my favorite part is that she kind of forgot that you were having a baby. haha. i love it. i've seen recipes for that same casserole on pinterest, but been too afraid to try it. was it really good?

Corinne Ritz said...

Yes, truly, in all honesty, it was GOOD! We really did love it. I want the recipe!

Lisa Fox said...

Love this idea and what a great family to give to you! :)

Jack said...

Sure beats my Nan bread, huh, Harrison?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...