Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Harrison Getting Schooled

Harrison has been loving preschool this year.  I am glad, because last year he had some issues with it.  I feel like he's really ready for Kindergarten in the fall.

Recently he has done some very fun things at school.

For Easter they colored real, hard, boiled eggs!  They did this last year too.  He was so excited to do this project.
 He was very nervous about getting to the yolk.  He likes the white, but not the yolk.  Most of the yolk ended up on my floor.  Harrison didn't mind, because he really likes to sweep the floor.


He also made these bunny ears.  He went home with a friend this day after school, so I wasn't there to see this, but apparently he hopped out to the car, and into his friends house.  I believe it, because when I picked him up he put the ears on and hopped out to our car, and hopped into and all over our house.  I really envy his energy!

He really wanted a picture of his project he made.  He made this cool 3D craft of eggs hiding in grass.

The week after Easter our elementary school had a kindergarten open house.  Harrison was SO beyond excited to go meet the teacher (same teacher that Max had, and she knew Harrison as a tot), and meet the principal and ride a bus!!!  He also got to do some activities in the classroom, practice walking in a straight line with the other kids, do an art project and eat a cookie!  He told me on the way home that it was the best day of his life!


 He was super proud to write his own name on his name tag.  When we said hi to the teacher on our way into the classroom, she said, "Harrison!  You're finally here!"  And he said, "YES I AM!"  Then, he asked, "Do you know me?"  And she laughed and said, "Yes I do!  I know you when you were really little."  He then made one of his classic shocked and surprised Harrison faces.

Each table was set up with different sensory activities.  I should not have been surprised to see him get really excited when he saw trays of plastic insects at one table.


He was SO excited about the bus ride, which was just around the block.  He also loves his giant pencil art project he made.  He carries it around the house with him, and pretends to draw with it.

 "This is the best day of my life!" - on the bus.

3 comments:

Kylie said...

Did he really say "this is the best day of my life"? Hahaha, SO cute! He has THE cutest smile. I love him. I miss him. That part where he asked, "do you know me?" made me laugh. haha.

Bailey said...

sometimes, the faces that Harrison makes scare the crap outta me.

Corinne Ritz said...

Yes, Kylie, he really said that! Bay - How can they scare you? They are just so funny!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...