This morning I woke up and felt tired and achy. I also felt fresh and renewed.
I quickly realized that I felt this way because today is Easter.
Throughout this week we have had a few 'devotionals' with our children. We have discussed the last week of Christ's Life, and what happened on each day, leading up to his Resurrection.
I have felt the spirit of peace through this knowledge all week long, and I am grateful for it.
I hope that my children felt it too. I think that they did.
Tonight after our yummy Easter Dinner, we sat down with the kids for one final Easter Devotional.
We watched this video clip as a family.
Thoughts on Easter
Please watch it! It is worth watching! Even if you are not of my religion, or religious at all. It will affect you.
After we watched the video tonight, I saw that several of my children were emotional.
If you are interested in listening to the full talk by Jefferey R. Holland you can go HERE.
This is the talk that I based our devotionals and discussions on this week.
For the text of the talk go HERE.
Tonight when I was tucking Harrison into bed I asked him if he had a good Easter. He said yes. I asked him what his favorite part was. He said, "Ummmm... waking up in the morning and looking for our Baskets." (Our Easter Bunny hides their baskets.) I told him that my favorite part was watching the movie about Jesus after dinner. He got quiet and said, "Mom, I liked that part the most too. I loved all the Easter parts of this whole day." It might not seem like much, but coming from Harrison it did. He rarely gets quiet, and says things seriously. I could tell that he meant it. I knew that the video had some affect on him. It was a moment. One of those special moments that I love as a mom.
This Easter was very special, as my thoughts were very focused on the Savior. It has been a wonderful blessing to experience this with my family.
There is nothing else more helpful to me in my life, especially as a parent, than the knowledge that I have of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
Throughout this week we have had a few 'devotionals' with our children. We have discussed the last week of Christ's Life, and what happened on each day, leading up to his Resurrection.
I have felt the spirit of peace through this knowledge all week long, and I am grateful for it.
I hope that my children felt it too. I think that they did.
Tonight after our yummy Easter Dinner, we sat down with the kids for one final Easter Devotional.
We watched this video clip as a family.
Thoughts on Easter
Please watch it! It is worth watching! Even if you are not of my religion, or religious at all. It will affect you.
After we watched the video tonight, I saw that several of my children were emotional.
If you are interested in listening to the full talk by Jefferey R. Holland you can go HERE.
This is the talk that I based our devotionals and discussions on this week.
For the text of the talk go HERE.
Tonight when I was tucking Harrison into bed I asked him if he had a good Easter. He said yes. I asked him what his favorite part was. He said, "Ummmm... waking up in the morning and looking for our Baskets." (Our Easter Bunny hides their baskets.) I told him that my favorite part was watching the movie about Jesus after dinner. He got quiet and said, "Mom, I liked that part the most too. I loved all the Easter parts of this whole day." It might not seem like much, but coming from Harrison it did. He rarely gets quiet, and says things seriously. I could tell that he meant it. I knew that the video had some affect on him. It was a moment. One of those special moments that I love as a mom.
This Easter was very special, as my thoughts were very focused on the Savior. It has been a wonderful blessing to experience this with my family.
There is nothing else more helpful to me in my life, especially as a parent, than the knowledge that I have of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
1 comment:
What a sweet moment with your Harrison :)
I'm looking forward to moments like those when the girls are older, and able to process who Jesus is, and what he's done for us.
Sounds like a lovely Easter, I'm sure you made it yummy with your amazing cooking/baking skills. I love how you love your family that way.
Post a Comment