Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Meet Your Brother

I was wheeled into my room with Theo after surgery, and as soon as my bed was parked my mom walked in with Glenn, Lily and Max.  Their faces all fell, because they were supposed to be in the room before we arrived.  I hurriedly told them, "I promise we just got here! They just wheeled me in here with him."  

Oops.... I said 'him.'  So I quickly added, "It's a BOY! You have a new brother!"  Their faces lit up!  Even my mom's - Even Lily's!  They all ran to me and Theo.  Lily was the first one to him.  She was all over him.  Her immediate thoughts and feelings were much like mine when he was first born.  She loved him right away, and was SO happy to have him in our family.  Total relief!  

I had a poll on this blog for all my readers to vote for boy or girl.  There were 7 boy votes (2 of those were Jason and I), and 18 girl votes.  Lily said that it was a 'democratic' vote and that we would for sure be having a girl, based on the poll.  In the days leading up to the birth we were really worried that maybe not finding out the sex of the baby was the biggest mistake we'd ever made.  I had asked my mom to be there for Lily if it was a boy.  I was worried that I would be in the bed, in pain, crying over the fact that it was a boy, and Lily would be in the corner hysterical over the fact that it was a boy.  Thankfully all my fears were unfounded.  


Glenn, Lily and Maxwell got to help the nurse give his first bath and bundle him up.

Lily helped with the footprints.

Theo skyping with Auntie Paige.

Max, Lily, Glenn and Theo





Max had fun finding some things for his dress up box.

Hanging out in the hospital room. They all skipped school and spent most of the day with me, Theo, dad and grandma.

When they weren't holding Theo, they were playing with their Nintendo DS's.  They rarely get to play on these, so they were excited. 


Lily stayed the whole day with me and grandma.  Jason took the boys home for a break, and to pick up the younger boys from their friends house.

Later in the afternoon Jason came back with all four older boys.  Harrison and Bennett were really excited to meet Theo - their new baby brother.  Harrison was really excited despite the fact that he really wanted a sister. 




Here are some of Bennett's "touch and run's" - 


Soon after Harrison and Bennett got there my mom took Theo's blanket off so they could see his little body.  Harrison was completely taken with his little body parts.  Bennett was just very anxious about his funny belly button.  He could not stop asking about it for the first week at least.  We think it's funny, but I'm sure in his two year old world this is a very nerve racking experience all around.

Pats his head.

Kisses for his head.



Harrison wanted to be in every picture!


Our first family pictures!  Bennett would not sit on the bed with me because Theo was there.  In the second picture Grandma yelled out, "Thumbs up if you love Theo!"  Bennett tried.  Pointer fingers count!




6 comments:

AJ said...

The gender thing is so interesting. I bet if you found out it was a boy during pregnancy you would have cried and been disappointed. But when you find out by lactually meeting him and falling in love, you can't be upset at all! I was really disappointed when we had our ultrasound with Rychen p. and i bet it would have been all different had we not found out.

Hesses Madhouse said...

Seriously...HEAVEN!

Joanne said...

Congratulations!! I love pictures of new babies meeting their families - all the pictures of your kids holding tiny little Theo are so great, but I especially love the ones of Lily with him - you can see the tenderness and love she already has for him.

Joanne said...

P.S. I also love his name!!

Michelle said...

Nothing better in this world. Nothing. You've got 6, Corinne, you crazy woman! If anyone can do it, its you!! Lilly has grown up so much, the pictures of her and the baby are so tender. Sorry to read that your recovery's been so awful. Sending lots and lots of love to you and wishing I could bring you a freezer meal and a good movie!

L.E. said...

Congrats on the arrival of Theo and by the bye that is just sweetest picture ever of Theo and Lily.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...