Mother's Day....
A day that I usually dread, and end with being upset. Over the last few years I have really tried to change my perspective of what the day should be. I have decided that the day is really for my children, not for me. It is a day special for them to honor me. If I would like to get through it without becoming upset, I need to have NO expectations on how my beautiful children should observe the day. I tend to enjoy the day much better when I happily appreciate however much or little they do for me.
| Theo's feet in my hands. I am so in love with this baby. |
I spend Mother's Day being a Mother. Just as I spend each day.
My husband says that every day is Mother's Day. Of course, he gets major brownie points for this comment.
This year Mother's Day was wonderful. It had it's moments that were not so good, but that is just my life.
I am a Mother. I have six children. I had a baby less than three weeks before via C-Section.
I did not get breakfast in bed, but my kitchen was left clean, and I got to sleep in. That could really be the best way to love me. My husband and children know me and love me so well.
The day before Mother's Day my husband brought up and installed our main AC unit for me. BEST present ever! It was a record breaking heat kind of weekend. YUCK! That is SO NOT my thing!
The best presents come free, as this made me way happier than any gift could have.
More than anything I wanted some great pictures taken of me and the kids. I think we got some good ones.
This is where I had too many expectations, and any stress I experienced was surrounding our Photo session.
No one was ready for pictures early enough before church. That upset me.
Driving to church I realized this was our first car ride with the whole family all together in the van. Every single seat belt was taken. It was so weird, but it made me really happy.
| Every seat belt full on the way home. My heart was also full. |
On the way home Harrison stripped down. He does not like clothes, especially on a 90 degree day.
As we pulled up to the house we explained to the kids what they each had to do to make my Mother's Day Dreams come true. Of course, this did not happen AT ALL! There was lots of yelling and screaming. Lily decided to be hormonal and mean to her brothers, and refused to get out of the car. Harrison was furious with the idea of putting his church clothes back on. Bennett had had no nap, so he was cranky and would not stand next to Harrison at the end of the line in his place. It was just CRAZY!
The first few pictures turned out like this...
Not at all what I had envisioned....
Finally things came together. It was a Mother's Day Miracle!
I've been thinking about feet lately, and how fast they grow. Jason took these pictures while I did my best to manage and place all the feet. As my official Mother's Day Present, we ordered large prints, and got frames for my 'feet' pictures.
I really love these pictures. I look at these feet, and I get emotional.
Happy Mother's Day to me.
4 comments:
Love it all! And thank you so much for making me feel so much better about the fact that pictures at our house usually mean WWIII and turn out NOTHING like I planned.
Love the feet pictures! So glad you got something you wanted to celebrate the day with.
Mother's Day miracle indeed! Such great perspective, Miss Cori. Love that new yellow color in all your pictures :)
And---those feet pictures---love, love those feet pictures! I'm a sucker for baby feet :)
laughter and tears. The best.
Post a Comment