Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Friday, May 18, 2012

A New Mood

When we first moved into this house, almost 4 years ago, I wanted something new and bold.  I was tired of living in rentals with all white walls.  We still rent, but from good friends who are laid back.  The husband is an artist himself, and when we moved in, the walls throughout the main living area and dining room were a Hot Pink/Red color.  They told us to paint whatever walls we wanted, whatever color we wanted.  How much fun!  I've always wanted to do that!  Since moving in we have repainted EVERY wall and more.  

One of the first things we did was cover up the Red/Pink with Blue.  I copied a friend of mine down in Albany.  We painted all the trim white.  We got our awesome furniture set on Craig's List (total score!  FYI - our whole house is furnished with used furniture.  It is all Craig's List and Hand me downs.)  

I have LOVED the blue.  I get tons of compliments on it when people visit.  It has been SO much fun.  

About a year ago I started to feel a little bored with the blue.  Maybe this is because we have moved every 1-2 years since me have been married.  I like change in my environment.  I am always wanting to change and improve my space.  Sometimes that means moving.  This is by far the longest we have lived in any home.

I started to fiddle with the idea of yellow walls.  I wanted something 'warmer' and 'cozier'.  Choosing the right yellow was HARD!  I needed my mom's help.  She is an artist and decorator extraordinaire!  She chose the color appropriately named "Fortune Cookie."  

While I was upstairs recovering with Theo in my room, Jason and my mom went crazy, and painted over my blue walls with Fortune Cookie.  After that was done my mom decided that she should refurbish my old hand me down 1970's China Hutch.  I LOVE what she did!  

Working Hard


 







 The After

 


 


My Sad, Old, Outdated Hutch
Before

My New, Updated, Gorgeous Hutch
After

We all LOVE the new look.  The color has really been a great mood lifter!  Glenn said that when ever he is feeling blue all he needs to do is come to the Living Room. 

10 comments:

Kevin Phair said...

Yeah, but what is he going to do when he is feeling yellow? I guess go to the bathroom...

Unknown said...

I have always loved loved loved your house....but now i am just loving it more and more! i'm pretty sure i'm just going to replicate my future house someday after your colors and decor! i love it! :) way to go! :)

smiliesar said...

Love it all!

Brooke said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!! I LOVE IT! I can't believe what mom did to your hutch!!!! I am SO jealous! It looks just SOOOO GOOD! And you're right, it totally changes the mood of the room! It looks so warm and inviting! I always loved the blue, but it was time for a fresh change, and this is just PERFECT! I can't wait till I can see it in person :)

Bailey said...

oh trinny! it looks so beautiful. i'm soo freaking excited to come see your house. i want mommy to buy me a house and then paint it. do you think i could paint my stupid, small apartment. LAME.

love you.

Emily said...

Love it all!

Carrie said...

Your house looks great! I love it!

Meredith Williams said...

Love the new look! You're mom really does have an eye for that type of stuff.

Lisa Fox said...

That is so awesome. LOVE it. Love the color and the hutch is amazing! Super jealous right now!

Gramma CC said...

Your mom is so talented and has amazing taste! Doesn't it make you feel sooo loved?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...