Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Saturday's in Summer


Towards the end of Summer the kids and I all started to get a little stir crazy.  On one of the last Saturday's we had to get out of the house.  We couldn't do a "Family Fun Day" because Jason really had to buckle down and study hard for the GRE.  He works every other Saturday so when he has other things to do on his off Saturday it is hard for all of us.  So, after dad left to the library (because we decided that was the only way he would get any studying done) the kids and I decided to go play.

 First we walked through our town's Farmer's Market.  We ran into an old neighbor, and it was wonderful to catch up with them.  They were so excited to see our kids all grown up, and that we've added two more.  I didn't get any pictures at the market, because let's face it, I was lucky to make it through there as it was.

After that we walked over to Frenzi, our favorite FroYo shop.  The kids were extremely well behaved.  I always remind them, before we go out in public, that people are going to stare, and I want them to think I'm a good mom with good kids, not the opposite of that.  Of course, it's all an act, but that's fine with me as long as they can keep up the charade in public.

 Harrison, Glenn, Maxwell watching over Main Street

Lily prefers to lounge on the sofa, and far away from her brothers.

 After Frenzi, we walked to the library.  Our purpose was to get books.  Silly Daddy was set up studying in the children's area.  The kids didn't realize he was there, so that was a nice surprise.  Bennett was really excited!

We came home with piles of books. 

Now comes my favorite part.  On the way home there was complete silence.  After we got in the house there was silence.  No wrestling, yelling, fighting etc.  Each child had gone off to read.  It was beautiful!


Glenn cracks me up.  He found this spot on his bedroom floor....

....In the middle of a Lego's battle.

Later that night Glenn wanted to take a picture of me.


FYI - Jason did great on his test.  We were really nervous about it.  He had taken it in 2000 when he first graduated from school.  He had to take it again to apply to grad school because his scores were too old.  Taking the GRE and getting the scores he needed was a huge hurdle we needed to pass before grad school.  Now it's all in, and we wait.


2 comments:

Lisa Fox said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE coming home from the library. It's the peace that can only be matched in the temple. :)

Kelly said...

LOVE your blog! You are such a great mom and you document it all :) I hope to be more like you one day. Congrats on getting the GRE done and good luck with school apps
LOVE YOU GUYS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...