Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Monday, January 3, 2011

Mt. Hood Madrigal Singers


I was able to participate in an extra singing group this Christmas season.  We call ourselves Mt. Hood Madrigal Singers.  We are a group of LDS singers from the Mt. Hood Stake.  I haven't sung in a Madrigal group since High School.  It was fun to do that style, though this time not wearing the huge medieval costumes and head dresses.  I actually miss the costumes.
We sang at The Grotto.  It is an old Catholic Church and abbey.  It has a domed ceiling and the acoustics were fantastic.


The outside, on the grounds, was covered in lights.  I was so pretty.  Jason, my #1 fan was there to buy me some Hot Cocoa and enjoy the lights after the performance.  It was fun to find ourselves on such a fun date, without the kids.


3 comments:

Cindy said...

I've always wanted to see the Grotto. Maybe I should come next year.

Paige said...

What songs did you guys perform?!

Corinne Ritz said...

Mostly accapella madrigal type Christmas music. You know the type.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...