Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Monday, May 2, 2011

Do You Believe in the Easter Bunny?

Every Spring the Easter Bunny hops into Gresham and visits with kids at a local shopping plaza.  There are always free goodie bags and clowns who make those crazy balloons in any shape you want!  It is free if you spend $25 at any of the stores in the shopping plaza during that week.  Spending $25 while shopping is very easy to do.  My kids love this service.  It has become a very fun tradition for us!

Waiting in line can be BORING!

Lily and Max getting their balloons made while Harrison waits for his turn.

Glenn asked for a monkey.  They twisted up a monkey in a tree with a bunch of banana's hanging down!  It was so incredible that Maxwell asked for the same thing!

Lily asked for an Easter Bunny.  They put her pink bunny on a white balloon so she could help it to HOP around the room.

Harrison asked for a sword.  The clown made him a sword and matching helmet.  He was SOOOOOOOOO excited.  When she bent over to take the picture, and put her hands on him, she said, "OH!  He's shaking!"  Yes, Harrison was shaking with Joy, as Lily put it.

The sad story is that after we got in the car, I cracked the windows a tiny bit.  It was a very warm day.  I was worried about a balloon flying out, but I thought that the cracks were not wide enough for a balloon to fit through.  I was wrong!  We got out on the main road and the Harrison's sword got sucked right through the crack!  He even put it in the front passenger seat to keep it safe!!!!  I felt HORRIBLE!  He asked for it about 5 minutes later and I had to tell him what happened.  He made the saddest face I have ever seen him make! 

 Lily saved the day by taking her bunny off the white 'hopping' stick.  It was not the same, but it did help him feel better.  I was so upset that I almost cried..... just a little bit.

Max getting his monkey in the tree with banana's made for him.

Max is working on being more himself in front of the camera.

Free cookies on the way out the door!

And here we are - the point in all this?  To get these adorable pictures that I can keep and remember forever how cute and young my kids once were.


4 comments:

Bailey said...

so sad, and that easter bunny scares the crap out of me.

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

haha! The balloon story sounds like something I would do! So sad! However, I am very impressed with Lily's willingness to give up her balloon for Harry. That is really adorable and sweet. Love the pics!

Carrie said...

Hunter informed me this year that the Easter bunny doesn't exist, because...bunnies can't hop and carry a basket of eggs at the same time, a bunny sleeps at night and is up during the day so how can he spend all night hiding easter eggs, and he gave another reason too that I can't remember right now. I thought that is so Hunter to rationally think it through, while Christiana is still wrapping her mind around everything being her parents.

Way to go Lily and being a GREAT big sister and sharing your balloon with Harrison!

Cindy said...

Those clowns rock those balloons! Holy cow! BTW, I'm glad Bennett didn't freak out at the E Bunny like he did w/ the chcken at AgFest. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...