This morning, as I was laying in bed, Glenn brought me an envelope. On it said, "Special Delivery". I asked him what it was. He said it was a school assignment he had to do. I opened it up and inside was a letter to me aka Mom.
Dear Mom,
We were asked to pick someone who has shown persistence, and I chose you because you have always fascinated me how you manage to do your duty as mom to make dinner and take care of things.
I can give you proof too if you think I'm exaggerating what you mean to me or think I'm being plain silly but I'm talking about your endurance.
You must have had to have shown persistence when we made a budgeting mistake you had to spend carefully. (Hehehee... I wonder what conversation he overheard Jason and I having...)
Because of you I am inspired. You may not know this but in the beginning of the year when I got bullied a lot and the conversation we had about home schooling despite my calm answer without your help I would have not been so lucky.
I truly appreciate you and love you and you're all I could ask for So I thank you.
Your Son, Glenn
***I did correct his spelling, but not the grammar:)
When I was younger, and dreamed about being a mother someday, I dreamed of moments like this. I thought that I would be so loved and admired by my children. The reality is that I hardly ever feel that way. Stay at home moms are very much, in general, very under-appreciated. I could really care less what others think, but I do care a lot about what my husband and children think.
Reading this hilarious letter was very gratifying. It was a good Pay Day for this mom.
9 comments:
That is the sweetest letter. You'll have to keep it forever!
Pay day, indeed! This letter is awesome!
Sounds like a very sweet, thoughtful, and mature boy. What a treasure!
Could this boy get any sweeter? You must be doing something right Corinne!!
Corinne... that was just amazing! I am sooooo impressed with Glenn, holy freaking cow! I will never forget the talk he gave at Es's baptism! You will have to keep it forever and one day share it with his wife to be... so that she will know how special her future husband is... :)
I'm glad he took the time to honor you! You are amazing...wish you lived closer!
Wow! Those moments make parenting all worth it!!
Very sweet! So mature for a 12(?)yr. old boy. Gives you strength and courage as a mom to carry on:)
Corinne, your comments reminded me so much of your mother years ago when you were young... It just made me see just how much you have become just like her in so many ways..
Dad
Post a Comment