On February 17th Bennett turned TWO!!!
I just cannot believe that my baby is TWO already!!!
Jason's brother Loren, likes to do homemade cards for the kids. He pretty much never misses a birthday. He made this card for Bennett, and Bennett LOVED it!!! He had so much fun looking at all the pictures in it. He carried it around for days, slowly ripping the pictures off one by one. Good thing I took pictures of it first! Loren also gave him a $2 bill! Harrison was really excited about that.
The day of his birthday - I was way on top of things - so rare - and he had his well child check up with shots.
He was in the 50th% for weight, and 80th% for height. The doc says he'll be tall and skinny like his daddy. After his shots he hid under the exam table, but at least was happy. Harrison brought a teddy bear, and played Dr. on him through the whole check up. He even stole some plastic gloves.
After his shots, the three of us went to a fancy cupcake shop and bought 6 cupcakes. We then came home, had lunch and ate some cake. I cut them all in half, so that everyone could try a couple of them. These cakes lasted a few days. They were delicious!!!
If you're in the area you should try these from the Down Town area, Cupcakes by Melissa.
YUMMY!
The boys loved the cupcakes. We had to leave that night, and Bennett was left with a sitter. So it was really fun to do a mini celebration in the middle of the day.
His birthday was on a Friday, and we had a party on Sunday. It was just our family and some good friends, the Phair's.
Bennett is crazy about all living creatures, and the sounds that they make. Lately one of his favorites has been the frog.
He was SO ecstatic when he saw his cake! He woke up from his nap on Sunday afternoon, and had this as a pleasant surprise. I gotta say, I was really excited to show it to him. I was not disappointed by his reaction either. Sadly Bennett and Harrison both had fevers and snot, so I stayed home from church with them. It was a very nice relaxing afternoon for us.
"Hey why are all of you singing with the lights off? And what am I to do with these lit candles on my cake?"
He was a little confused.
I really love this picture.... a lot!
And then Harrison joins in with one of his Cuh-Razy faces! So funny!
Not only was the cake fun to look at - it was also super yummy!
Clean up time - Making elephant faces at Kevin. Yes, Kevin was making this face at him. Bennett is a great mimic. And yes, he got a bath after this.
Present time - He got a Curious George paint with water book, a See and Say toy with animals (his favorite by far) and a Little People Firetruck with blocks. He likes the truck and blocks a lot too. The Phair's brought him a Potato Head. He has had fun with that toy too.
Bennett at TWO!
~He LOVES animals. The See & Say he got for his birthday has a rabbit on it, and sound it makes is 'boing' 'boing' 'boing'... Today I hung up a Rabbit/Easter quilt on the wall. He saw the rabbit, pointed and said, "Rabbit! 'boing' 'boing' 'boing'..." It was too adorable! ~I really worry about how he will react to having newborn around. He is really in love with mommy, and values our cuddle time. He loves to hang out in bed with me. That is a good thing since I have wanted to spend a lot of the last few months in my bed.
~ He is very attached to Sesame Street. He loves to climb into my bed in the morning, while I'm getting the older kids off to school, and yell, "SHOW!!" over and over until I start a Sesame Street for him. I know that maybe that is not the best thing, but I am so grateful that he is into it, because it makes my mornings easier. I just tell myself how educational it is, and how good it is for him. Right?
~He loves body parts and to name them. Just be careful, he will poke your eyes out when he points them out and screams, "EYES!" This morning he learned cheeks, then pinched my cheeks so hard that my eyes automatically teared up.
~ We were on a family walk yesterday, on uneven ground. Anytime I would let go of his hand he would stop walking, and wait with his hand up, ready for me to take his hand again. He is so trusting. Also, I just love that he needs me still.
~ He has been showing much more independence lately. I have a harder and harder time getting him into his high chair for meals. He would prefer to eat at the table with all the big people.
Eating cereal. Jason let him do this, and I about died when I saw this. Amazingly the mess, and imagined spilled milk, just didn't happen. He did pretty well.
No booster seat, no high chair.
No booster seat, no high chair.







3 comments:
the pictures are absolutely adorable, obviously. Bennett is such a little cheeser. i looooove his big smile that he does for the camera. also- i think you just love babies. thats your real issue. and i remember the day benny was born very vividly. and it DOES NOT seem like 2 years!!!!
So so cute! And I loved the card, and the cake, and all of it!
To answer your question about the salads - I just put whatever I have in my fridge on there, but I always try to go easy on the lettuce and heavy on the other vegetables. I like to put cheese (cheddar or feta), nuts, and a boiled egg for a little protein. I also love craisins on there. And I used to be a ranch person for my dressing, but recently I was out of ranch so I used blue cheese instead, and I think I may be switching over permanently - I like the little extra kick it gives it. Mmmm!
So So cute!!! Way to go Corinne! I love the cake
Post a Comment