Our church congregation meets at 2pm for this year (We share our building with 2 other congregations and rotate the times.) I hate this meeting time, except for on Easter! It was perfect! We had such a nice family morning.
I made this YUMMY French Toast Bake, that I found on Pinterest, for Breakfast. It was a huge hit! I followed the recipe exactly, I just did not cut the crust off my bread, like she did.
The kids ran all over looking for their hidden baskets. I had a lot of fun listening to the yelling, and commotion, and squeals of excitement - as I lay in bed.
With their loot. They all got a ring pop. Bennett was not sure about it at first. He was confused by it.
But he caught on quickly, and it became his pacifier. My only child who never took a pacifier has found his true love - RING POPS!
New coloring Books!!!
After we ate, and the kids played with their baskets a bit, we collected all the plastic eggs that the silly rabbit had hidden for the kids. Bennett had SO much fun with this activity.
This was dessert after Breakfast, according to Harrison.
Bennett was thrilled by everything we did.
After the eggs were found, the older kids sat down and did some trading and sharing with each other and the little boys.
Lily made herself some ears on an old headband to go with her homemade T-Shirt. Also, each kid got a pair of Sunglasses in their baskets.
Our Saturday had gotten so busy that we ran out of time to color all the hard boiled eggs I had prepped. So we did this on Sunday morning as well. It went great until Harrison knocked over a whole cup of dye, in his excitement. That was a fun mess to clean up.
After dying eggs the three youngest boys took a bubble bath with Harrison's new Star Wars bubble bath from his basket.
We then went to church, and were greatly spiritually fed. I left early, during Sunday School, with Bennett who was still suffering from ear infections. He happily said, "BYE!" To everyone we passed in the hallway.
When everyone got home, and Bennett was up from his nap, the kids got the bubbles out of their baskets, and had tons of fun blowing those for Bennett. I had so much fun making dinner, and watching them out the window doing this. I was so grateful for the beautiful weather.
I did not even try to get any pictures of the kids together in their church clothes. I did take some of Lily in her pretty new outfit. GAP clearance online for her new church outfit this year. It was an awesome deal, and she looked so grown up and beautiful in it.
Making faces at me, because she is very SILLY!
Dinner - Lily said, as we were eating, "You should make a dinner like this every night." HmmmHmmmm....
It was all delicious except that I overcooked the potatoes and they kind of fell apart. The texture was off, but they were still delicious.
Jason slicing the Dill Bread - I made his grandma's recipe.
All of the kids helped me with the Deviled Eggs. Here is Glenn working on some. They turned out great!
(Notice the chunk missing from the cake in the background? It was non-existent at first, but slowly got bigger as the day went on. It was the workmanship of one Crazy Harry!)
(Notice the chunk missing from the cake in the background? It was non-existent at first, but slowly got bigger as the day went on. It was the workmanship of one Crazy Harry!)
Lily with the finished product.
Finally time to feast.
For Dessert we had one of our favorites - Strawberries and Angel Food Cake
After we ate we had a special wrap up Easter Devotional with the kids. You can read more about it HERE.
I was amazed that night, when I went to bed, as I reflected and realized what a great day we had. It was fun, it was special it was spiritual. I am so grateful that we could have such a meaningful holiday with the children, and that they could be so receptive to our efforts throughout the week to have a more meaningful Easter.

1 comment:
Corinne, can I just tell you again how grateful I am for your blog? It's SO nice to be able to see and experience your kids growing up without me getting to be there. It's so hard for me sometimes to think I'm missing all of it! I'm serious, it's so hard to live my life all the way over here thinking I'm missing out! I know this is just a small sliver, but it makes all the difference! Your kids get cuter everyday. Bennett is growing into the cutest little toddler! Such a cute face! Your Easter looks like it was so much fun! I wish I could've been there.
PS-Tell Lily I love her knew skirt and bought one just like it today at Salvation Army!
Post a Comment