We got through another August, and I am glad.
What a relief!
Now that September is almost over I feel like I should try and catch up while I still can.
Now that September is almost over I feel like I should try and catch up while I still can.
Here are some moments from our August.
Bennett made this crown in his nursery class at church. It says, "I am a Child of God" on it.
He LOVED it! I am glad, however that I took the picture before we drove home. By the time we got home it was in several pieces.
Bennett continues to share with Theo. Bennett loves to share his most favorite toys with Theo. Especially if Theo is crying. I will come in the room to get him after he's cried for a little bit, and he will be all smiles holding some new toy that Bennett has bestowed.
Bennett LOVES Lily's Barbies so much. This shows how much Bennett must love Theo.
He does not hand off the Barbies to just anyone!
Another day he shared a Rescue Heroes Net (on his head), a bar of baby toys (across his lap), and a wooden truck (between his legs).
Sharing his Elmo Slippers. Theo thought this was really funny.
He's not smiling about the frog, but he was being very vocal. The picture is blurry because he was moving so much in his excitement. He really liked it.
Bennett really REALLY loves Theo. He calls him Bee-oh because he can't say the TH sound out. It is so cute. Now almost our whole family calls him Beeoh, except for Harrison, who calls him nothing but Theodore.
We've been meeting up with a bunch of friends for a play group at a different park each week.
Lily, Bennett, "E", Glenn and Maxwell
Benny Boy
Theo is a happy, joyful baby. The whole family delights in him.
This month I had some more health issues. Jason thinks I have an ulcer. I have not gotten any clear answers. I did spend a night in the E.R. The ER doc thought it was a virus that has been going around. They did find blood in my urine, and pumped me full of fluids. I was so out of it that I forgot to mention that I am breast feeding. They gave me medications without asking about that. When they realized I have a newborn it was too late. I was so beyond upset. I had to pump and dump the next morning.
I posted on facebook asking for helpful suggestions. One of my best friends from HS, that I haven't seen since my wedding, responded with great advice. She is a brilliant mother of twin girls, Bennett's age. I love reading her blog HERE. She gave me the phone # for the infant risk center. I called them, and they were so helpful. They knew more about the medications, and risks associated, than the Doctor in the E.R. did. I was able to start feeding the baby much sooner than I was told in the E.R. Thank heavens, because Theo was very NOT happy. Jason had stayed home from work to help me. Good thing, because I could not have dealt with my pain, and his screaming.
We had more fun with the hammock.
Theo Loves being on his tummy. He rolls all over the place.
We had fun in the Sun, and tried to stay cool.
Some of us stayed cooler than others.
We helped our good friends move into a new place, much closer to us. If they had moved further away then we wouldn't have helped them. (In case you can't tell, that was a joke.) Jason and Glenn helped them move, while Lily and I watched their little girls for the day.
The next day they came over for Sunday dinner. Our grill caught on fire. We were really close to having to call the fire department. It was scary stuff, and it kind of burnt the ribs. We made it work, and dinner turned out pretty good.
This picture was taken on the day that the Bumbo chair was recalled. Well, that's too bad because I love mine. Theo is not the first baby to fall asleep in this chair... but he is the last.
We LOVE our Bumbo chair!
Unless he is sleeping or eating he is smiling... All. The. Time. He is very good at making us all feel very special. He is very good at bringing the joy.
Maxwell's Sunday School Teacher dropped by one morning to deliver donuts, and a special treat for Jason and I. She brought us Cannelloni's! It was SO sweet of her. She wanted to encourage him to keep reading his scriptures, and to tell me that I'm a good mom. It really meant a lot, as I was having a rough morning.
Alyssa and Brenda came over a few times so we could work on some projects for our upcoming Gourmet Club event. We are getting so SO excited for this to finally happen.
This is my favorite picture from the Summer! Taken at Blue Lake Park in August.
Max had a pack meeting. He received his Wolf and is now a Bear. Jason took Harrison along for the family friendly luau themed pack meeting. They "surfed", played water volleyball, roasted marshmallows etc.
We have church at 2 pm for this year. It's hard to get the kids in their church clothes, and then feed them lunch. Bennett has to wear a bib on Sunday's whether he wants to or not!
Any time that Jason is left with Theo, and Theo needs/wants me, I get a picture like this texted to my phone. He never calls me, just sends proof. I think it's kind of funny, but it also breaks my heart a little bit. Jason is smart to do this because it really does cause me to hurry home much faster than if I just received a text telling me to come home. A picture says a thousand words.
Lily continues to be everyone's favorite sister. She's even willing to play Star Wars in the bath with them, and share her old barbies with Bennett.
We picked, and ate lots of wild blackberries! Yummmmm....
Maxwell had a birthday!
Harrison took some pictures of Theo for me. He was so proud. I think they turned out quite well.
I love it when Harrison sets up his battles on the table. I'm being totally serious. It is very entertaining for me to listen to him play while I'm in the kitchen working.







5 comments:
I don't eat dinner with Bennett in my lap. Theo maybe.
This is Mom (on Bailey's computer). I LOVED this post...thanks so much! Bee-oh looks just like Jason! Definitely his doppelganger out of all the kids.
I miss you all. :)
This is Mom (on Bailey's computer). I LOVED this post...thanks so much! Bee-oh looks just like Jason! Definitely his doppelganger out of all the kids.
I miss you all. :)
Thanks Jason, I fixed it:)
Wow. Just a delightful and all-inclusive post! I [almost] felt like I was there having a blast with you guys!
PS - Why is Harrison so effing funny? What is with him? I'm not gonna lie I literally guffawed at my computer at work at the fact that everyone calls Theo Bee-o except Harrison who almost always calls him Theodore....hahahahahah. That just tickled me.
Post a Comment