Yeah, this isn't way late or anything...
Back to school this year was a very exciting time for us.
Maxwell and Lily got to go on the first day back. Lily was excited to start Middle School.
While Max and Lily were at school on the first day I took the other four boys to a splash park with friends.
My book worm.
He would rather read while the little boys played in the water with their friends.
The next day Glenn joined Lily and Max at school. The three little boys REALLY loved not having the older kids at home. It is amazing that even with three crazy little guys at home I still felt like it was a nice break.
Harrison had a kindergarten assessment with his teacher the first week. He was SO excited!!! Can you tell?
It was only 30 minutes long, and he cried all the way out to the car. It didn't matter at all that I had told him repeatedly that this was just going to be short interview, and not a full class. I am bugged with myself for not taking a picture of his tears to set it next to this one.
This is his "Cool Guy" expression.
Finally his first day came! He was REALLY happy! He wanted to wear his BYU Cougars sweatshirt because, in his words, "My teacher is a Cougar, and she will love this sweatshirt!" I happen to know that his teacher is a "Duck" but I didn't tell him that. He's going off to Kindergarten now and his world is expanding. Up until this point most everyone in his world is a Mormon and cheers for BYU. When Lily was that old she was SHOCKED to find out that one of her classmates didn't even know who Jesus was.
I'm glad that his views and perspectives will change and grow, but I am sad to watch his innocence start to go. I'm glad he loves school so much! He never said anything about his teacher being a "Duck."
One good thing about having so many kids, is that they always have a friend with them. Max has been very sweet and helpful with Harrison at the bus stop and on the bus. They do a good job of looking out for each other.
Finally! They are all gone! Bennett and Theo are really starting to be buds. Theo was laying on Bennett's chest while Bennett watched Sesame Street. Every time I got the camera out Theo would lift his head and start smiling and cooing. These boys are just too cute for words!
One afternoon I found Bennett chilling with the dog. We get a lot more down time now with the older kids gone all day. It's quite wonderful.
Our friend "J" came and stayed for a couple days while her mom was out of town during the second week of school. We had fun walking to the bus stop and waiting for Harrison to come home for lunch.
Bennett was really jealous of his older siblings with their school supplies. His favorite was Glenn's calculator. One morning, while Bennett was eating, Glenn took his calculator away from him and ran out the door. Bennett screamed and screamed! I got him dressed and took him to the Dollar Store and let him choose his own calculator. I wish I had gotten a picture of his HUGE eyes when he saw this HUGE calculator! HAHA!
For days Bennett carried his calculator around, pushing buttons. If anyone touched it they got yelled at. One morning Theo was fussing in my bed. Bennett was next to him with his calculator. He handed it over to him and gave him a kiss. It was a definite "Melt My Heart" Moment!
About two weeks into school I picked up a very upset Harrison from school one day. He told me that his teacher called him stupid. "She thinks I'm not smart. All the kids in my class think I'm a jerk. I wasn't allowed to go out to recess because I'm not smart." etc. I know his teacher really well, she was also Maxwell's kindergarten teacher. He was being so dramatic that I was having a hard time not laughing out loud! As I asked him more questions I found out that he is being taught to right his name in lowercase letters, starting with a capital rather than all in CAPS. He was refusing to try, and his teacher told him he would have to miss recess if he didn't do his work. This is even more funny because he knows his lowercase letters! I'm glad his teacher stood firm and demanded that he do it properly.
On days when I pick up Lily, and if the sun is shining, this is how we ride home. She reminds me of a Golden Retriever hanging out the window.







1 comment:
Did Harrison mean cougar fan or cougar?
Post a Comment