Ritz Bitz

Ritz Bitz

Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter Preparations - Saturday

I was really nervous about Saturday, the day before Easter.  Jason was hiking on Mt. Hood and doing some Male Bonding.  Bennett and Maxwell were both really sick, and took turns waking me up all night long. 

I woke up Saturday morning and took Maxwell and Bennett into the Dr.  They both had double ear infections and throat infections.  They were both put on antibiotics.  
 
Hard to believe how miserable he was!  He was given a cat sticker by the receptionist after his appointment, and he was SO happy!  He Meowed at it all the way home.

After we got home we went down to the shopping area 5 minutes from our house, that has the Easter Bunny do FREE visits for a few hours on the Saturday before Easter.  It is a really fun event.  We get a picture with the "Easter Bunny" and a clown is there to entertain and make balloon art for the kids.  And then on the way out the door they get a special treat/gift.  

When Harrison saw the "Easter Bunny" this year he exclaimed, "That's not a rabbit!  That's a human dressed up like a rabbit!"  I quickly quieted him, so he wouldn't upset any other kids.  I then told him, "Yes!  You are so smart to notice that!  This is just for fun, and pretend."  He was very satisfied with that answer, and still totally believes that a REAL rabbit came to our house later that night when we were all sleeping.  
Being a kid is magical!

(Excuse this picture of a picture.  I didn't feel like scanning it in.)

After sitting with the 'human dressed as a rabbit' we waited for our turn with the clown.
 I finally get Lily and Glenn to smile like they are not embarrassed to be there when Bennett gets too annoyed and shoves Harrison away.
With Harrison out of the picture, Bennett can finally look at me, but everyone else is done.
There is just no getting a good picture these days.
 Harrison excitedly waiting for his balloons.

Bennett examining his balloon sword.  He has never had one before, and he really loved it!



















The clown in action. Glenn and Lily refused to pose with her.  She then cried big clown tears.... just kidding.


This place was very crowded, and it got a whole lot more crowded when my boys all started sword fighting and whacking everything in sight with their balloons.  It didn't matter if they had a sword, alien or hat, it was all meant for whacking each other.  Even Bennett got really into the action.  Lily stood off to the side looking really annoyed, and muttering, "I am so sick of boys."  I thought the whole experience was lots of fun and funny too.  NO sarcasm meant here!

 Lily in 3 stages - 
1. No I won't smile, I will look at you like you are annoying.
2. I will kind of smile so that you will leave me alone.
3. OK!  This is a real, genuine smile now please leave me alone!


On my way home from the Dr's that morning with the boys, Lily called me to ask if she could craft herself an Easter shirt.  I said, "Sure, why not."  I came home to find her wearing the cutest Easter shirt!  Her brothers all wanted one too.  Harrison was the only one who took the time to make one with her.  He LOVED it!

 Jason came home early afternoon from his Male Bonding on Mt. Hood.  He called ahead to ask me to have all the kids ready to help wash the van.  It sure needed it.

Lily, her friend and Glenn had fun doing some art in the dust before helping wash.

After the van was washed Jason loaded up the little boys on the bike trailer.  Harrison told me it was the longest bike ride ever.  They really LOVED it.

On the next block down our neighbors were out with their pet rabbit.  Bennett LOVED it, but Harrison told me he was very nervous because he had no shirt on and the rabbit had scratchy claws.

After they got home Jason noticed that Bennett was taking off down the road to go find the rabbit.  He went to the first neighbor down the road, and started to turn up the driveway.  He was saying, "Rabbit? Rabbit?"


Jason yelled down to him, "Hey Bennett, the rabbit does NOT live there!"

 So he turned and kept running down the road.  Jason caught up to him and brought him home.  He told Bennett that a rabbit would be coming to Bennett's house that night.  That totally satisfied him.









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...